At home and abroad, Aidan's Creative Team have over the years won major awards at The World's Hairdressing Championships; in Paris in 2003 taking the Silver Medal and Best Trainee in Ireland (First and Second). Aidan is a Past President of the IHF 1988-89.
List of accolades:-
- Aidan Fitzgerald, one of 22 Past Presidents of the IHF and his wife Karen Whelan who were guests at the Irish Hairdressers Federation Night of Legends on Sunday 16th November 2014 at the Double Tree by Hilton Dublin where Aidan was awarded an International Achievement Gold Medal by OMC HAIRWORLD.
Aidan was awarded the OMC International Achievement Medal for his contribution to Irish Hairdressing over many years. This award recognises Aidan’s work as past president, for over 30 years of media and artistic work, and for his inspiration and leadership of hairdressing through the years. This award is made in recognition to those who have distinguished themselves in helping build, promote and advance the hairdressing industry through creativity and business expertise.
- Aidan Fitzgerald Hair Salon awarded EnviroCom Award 2013 by An Tánaiste Mr. Eamon Gilmore T.D for initiatives resulting in saving 229,500 litres of water, 12618 KWh, and 6864 Kg of C02 in one year, equating to 20% savings on the salon’s energy cost.
- Aidan & Karen elected Ambassadors of L'Oreal product & services within the Industry for the last two decades.
- Irish Icon Hall of Leaders Award presented to Aidan Fitzgerald byThe Irish Hairdressing Federation for his contribution to the Hairdressing Industry in 2010.
- Irish Hairdresser International presented The Helping Hand award to Aidan Fitzgerald for his contribution in aid of the homeless in 2010.
- Aidan Fitzgerald appointed to represent Ireland in London with L'Oreal's International Professional Colour Trophy 2010.
- Aidan and Karen represent Ireland in London with L'Oreal's International Autumn/ Winter Collection and create the Rubilane Red Collection 2009.
- Sabrina participates in the Final of the Wella Trend Vision Competition 2009.
- Aidan and Karen represent Ireland in Paris with L'Oreal's International Autumn/Winter. Collection and create Sweet Gourmet book.
- Wella Trend Vision Award: Sabrina Duggan - a finalist in the 2009 Awards.
- Aidan and Creative Team showcase their international collection with the Graduates of Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London, in the Guinness Hop Storehouse in 2007. (L'Oreal's International Talent Spotting Event).
- Team wins Wella Trend Vision Award in the Helix 2007 (Bronze Winner: Tatana Klevevetova)
- Stephen McCarron, (Creative director) wins silver medal at Mondial Coiffure Beaute 2003 in Paris.
- Salon staff win 1st and 2nd in the IHF Best Apprentice Award.
- Full Team demonstrated their skills to audiences in Estonia, Reykjavik, Paris, and at Earl's Court in London.